Here is my watercolour study of the butterflies I got a chance to observe and analyse at the museum. I picked out my favourites and thought about which butterflies I might actually like to make (I need 6). I would like to produce a variety of sizes, but need to ensure that the combination of species I decide upon, will then fit into their drawer space. I found painting them very useful, as it has hepled me understand the colour mixes I will need to accomplish and has started me considering how I can design a more simplistic representation of the elaborate patterns on their wings. I intend to capture as much detail as possible by either using watercolour paints or glaze, depending on time allowances. I may not be able to achieve quite the exact colours with glaze as there will be less of a variety of choice at my disposal and there is always a certain degree of unpredictability involved in the whole firing process. Although I will have full control over the watercolours, and the effects created, the results may not appear as professional.