Bed for a bee

I did this little piece today using a few things lying around my house.

20140109-234839.jpg
Seeing as I had a lack of canvas and a lack of money I tried using something new for a change…

20140109-234928.jpg
A Nintendo game case!
I created a thick layer to stick the objects in using acrylic paint thickened with sand. This was very experimental as I had never thickened paint before and had also never worked on anything like the plastic case surface.

All in all it was a very adventurous piece! It is also very small! I think the dried bee in the middle (which is somewhat difficult to see) makes a spooky yet delicate centre point.

20140109-235236.jpg

20140109-235304.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s